INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
- Free Shuttle Service at Keflavik Airport
- Free Cancellation (Until 48 hours Before)
- Third Party Liability Insurance
- Studded Winter Tires
- Free Booster Seat
- 24 hour Roadside Assistance
- Unlimited Mileage/KM
- Fuel Discount Card
- Perfect for 2 people to travel comfortably with luggage and sleep in.
- The Campers can seat 5 people but then there is very little room for luggage.
- The campers are equipped with all you need for a comfortable road trip such as a mattress, gas stove, dishes, cutlery, pot and pan (all included in price).
- There are curtains in the campers to help with Iceland's midnight sun.
- All campers also have stand alone heaters which are connected to the diesel fuel tank.
- So, you only need to bring your sleeping bag and you are good to go. If you don´t feel like bringing your sleeping back, you can rent bedding for 2 people for 9300 ISK. The bedding includes a sheet, 2 duvets and 2 pillows.
Great trip in Iceland -
The rental car was clean, performed very well and was "easier" on the wallet than a larger rental would be.....
Rough start but happy in the end -
I know the headline for this review is a bit wishy washy, but it was deliberate. The car (which we nicknamed "M80" from its license plate) did a great job but was not particularly special. The sleeping pads were a little thin and not particularly clean. The window shades were put up with bungees and not sewn well. The cooking supplies provided with the car needed to be washed when we took them out to be used for the first time. And yet we were very happy with our little rolling hotel room once we got past the initial nose scrunches.
We got around the entire country with filling only 3 or 4 times so it was pretty efficient. The first time we put the bed down, we were dismayed how little room there was for luggage. But within a day or two, we worked out our system and had everything dialed. The van pick and drop off was at the airport so that was very convenient. Plus the van was less expensive than any other rental company we looked at.
The bottom line is that you have to remember
Car review -
We were given an Hyundai i30 which is a larger car than the VW Polo expected and was virtually new and in good condition. No concerns whatsoever.